Rod has served as Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Lawson Mechanical Contractors since 1985. He has been involved in the management and administration of all aspects of the company’s business activities including estimating/sales, project management, production, risk management, information systems management, and administration.
Rods extensive and diverse experience in the mechanical contracting business makes him a valued resource both internally at LMC and externally to our clients.
Rod, as a Senior Officer and LMC Board Member, is responsible for many of the day to day decisions that impact operations at LMC. He is a driving force in strategically improving our company and in finding ways to exceed our clients’ expectations.
Having grown up in a construction family, and at an early age working as an apprentice hood carrier and carpenter, Rod has learned the value that hard work and commitment play in a project’s success.
Rod has also given back to the industry by donating his time and energy to serve on the boards of many industry groups and as an educator of many industry related organizations to support their efforts to grow and improve the construction industry in Northern California. He understands the need to invest and develop tomorrow’s industry leaders.
California State University, Sacramento, CA Bachelor of Science – Business Administration
Certified Public Accountant (CPA), California, Cert. #73924
CFMA Certified Instructor – “Basics of Construction Accounting”
• Associated Plumbing & Mechanical Contractors (APMC) Board of Directors
• Founding member of the Construction Management Association(CFMA) – Greater Sacramento Chapter
• AGCC Fiscal & Risk Management (FIRM) Committee Chair, 1996–1998
• Sacramento Builders’ Exchange Board of Directors
• Construction Industry Educational Foundation Board of Directors
• Rotary Club of North Sacramento Board of Directors
• University of California – Davis Instructor – Construction Management Program
• CSU Sacramento - Audit Committee - University Enterprises, Inc.